Monday, July 4, 2011

Man Man! In Brighton! EXCITEMENT!

Howdy,

I'm pretty damn excited about this one. Man Man are one of the greatest live bands I've ever seen. I saw them at the Pitchfork curated All Tomorrow's Parties in 2008 and they blew everyone else out of the water. Their rhythmic, pulsating and energetic performance was typical of their live shows; a whirlwind of songs that flow seamlessly from one to the other amidst a jumble of swapped instruments and found objects. This was further enhanced by their appearance; mustached, real or fake, war painted and in all-white, they looked like a band formed by the dudes from the 118 118 adverts.

They come to Brighton (for the first time I believe) on a rare visit to the UK which features a mere 2 dates to promote their new album on Anti. I implore you to come, this will be an awesome show!

The show is at Sticky Mike's Frog Bar on 13th September. Tickets are available from Resident Music (01273 606312), Rounder Records (01273 325440), Ape, Seetickets and WeGotTickets.

Here is an idea of what they do;



Andy
Love Thy Neighbour
x

2 comments:

  1. Just a thank you for putting this on, we are still smiling! Best gig of the year for us so far. Keep up the great work...we were gutted when the freebutt went,

    Love si and Jo

    From bognor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys,

    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! I think it was my gig of the year too, I love Man Man, so much fun.

    cheers,

    Andy

    ReplyDelete